Friday, April 2, 2010

The Parable of the Mustard Seed

Jesus replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20

On this holiest of holiday weekends, I've been thinking about one of my favorite Bible verses. Sometimes "keeping the faith" seems like a daunting task. How can I have faith that there is a plan for me, that there is always hope behind disappointment, when life throws one curve ball after another? It's so easy to get sucked into the negative when it seems like you just can't catch a break.

That's why I love this verse so much. As a Christian, it's so comforting to know that Jesus doesn't expect us all to have the ultimate faith at all times. He knows that we will be challenged and bogged down by life. He knows that we will have doubts along the way. All He asks is that we keep the tiniest speck of faith within us and the confidence to know that we can do anything through Him.

My mom recently gave me a pendant that has a mustard seed encased in a glass heart. I'm wearing it today and thanking God for his grace and blessings.

I hope you all have a beautiful Easter weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Candace, I'm so glad to see you back! I enjoyed this post and adore your thoughtful observations. Your pendant sounds precious. Happy Easter to you.
    monmac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks C for reminding me of this. I so needed to read it today. :) H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always firmly believed that God tests our faith when we've moved a bit too far away & need to get back closer to Him. When things are going well, it's easy to forget about God & having faith because we don't think about needing Him.

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter too. =)

    ReplyDelete